Good News!

Last Monday I went for another ct scan and Wednesday I had a follow up doctor's appointment. She said that I am now considered in remission. My next ct scan and appointment isn't until September. Hey!

Everyone at work has been so happy for me. Sally gave me a white rose and my boss gave me chocolate covered strawberries. So nice of them.

I'm glad that I am in remission, but I don't feel well yet. I only worked 2 days this week. The ct scan and doctor's appointment wore me out. I know it will take time for me to feel back to normal. Tuesday I stayed home from work and slept all day. Seriously, I didn't wake up until 5:30pm. Then Joe and I ate dinner and I went right back to sleep.

The doctor's appointment did show that I have lost 9 pounds in the last month. I have been trying to do my goal of not eating after dinner. Mostly I fall asleep before I think about dessert. Except when Joe makes ice cream. That I do let myself have every once and awhile. It's so good and only has 5 ingredients. Joe has also cut the amount of sugar by over a half of the original recipe.

Meanwhile, our container garden is so happy. We have 3 different kinds of peppers and we are already harvesting them. The tomatoes are coming along and the sweet potatoes are thriving. The herbs, basil, dill, sage, mint... are all happy since Joe moved them to a less hot area of the yard.The bush beans are about spent already and I plan to pull them up soon and get some cabbage started. Over all, our little garden is doing very well.

I plan to ferment the banana peppers and the pepperoncini peppers we are harvesting. It's easy and is nutritious.  Plus, there is no way we can eat so many peppers.

I guess that's it. I am so tired from this week and am ready to sleep. That's a shame because the weather is wonderful today and for this weekend. Perhaps we will have a burn barrel sometime soon.

Peace to you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready for Poison Treatments

Thinking about Next Camping Trip

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits