End of Radiation Treatments

Horray! I had my last radiation treatment yesterday. I finished my daily external treatments a few weeks ago. But I still had several internal treatments.They are now done and on the 22nd I have a follow up appointment to see if I need any more chemo treatments. Fingers crossed that I am done. My hair is coming back nicely and the neuropathy is going away. I still get nausea though.
I've still been wearing hats because of the cold. As you can see, my hair is long enough to be messed up. I am completely silver now and with very straight hair. Everyone kept saying I'd end up with curly hair, but my head wouldn't have any of that nonsense. The flowers in the background was given to me from a co-worker who have been very supportive through this whole process. She was so proud I made it through radiation.

I'm just bummed I look more and more like my mother....

In other news, I ordered some more seeds as part of our preps for this year's garden. Banana peppers, lavender, heirloom tomatoes, and pepperoncini seeds in addition to the seeds we already have. Roma tomatoes, bush beans, cabbage, spinach, peppermint and bell peppers. We are also trying to make sweet potato slips. We have the area where we are putting the garden mapped out and will be doing container gardening. In an attempt to keep the garden neat, we will lay down garden cloth and mulch, then put the containers on top. It should help keep weeds and moles out.

That's it for now. Peace to you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut