Radiation Blues

I am now 12 radiation treatments into it and the fatigue is kicking my butt! I have had to resort to drinking coffee on work days just to stay awake. On days off, I sleep a lot. 12 to 16 hours a day on weekends. Last Saturday I took Mom and Sean to lunch, but it was a real struggle. My body just didn't want to be moving around.

Today, even with coffee, I am struggling. I don't normally drink coffee, just herbal teas. I've had nausea as well. Biggest bummer is that I have gained 10 pounds since this radiation has started.

My hair continues to grow and is still very soft and fluffy. I am hoping in a couple of weeks I can shed the chemo hats at work. But I won't stop wearing them until my scalp doesn't show.

For comfort, I have been watching youtube videos on homesteading and nomadic travelers. My favorite right now are Weed em & Reap, Off Grid w/ Doug & Stacy, Nomadic Fanatic, and just to drool, Hercules Candies.oh, and I shouldn't forget Luke Martin's channel!

Other than that, I've just been trying to get through each day without too much trouble. I am hoping to get some vegetable seeds started soon and I will update when we have our grow lights up and running for that. Since it looks like we won't be moving any time soon, we will probably have a container garden this year.

Peace to you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut