In the Next Stage

I started radiation treatments on Tuesday. They are 5 days a week for 5 weeks. I was told my appointments would be the same time each day so Joe and I arranged our jobs around that notion. But when I got to my first appointment I was told no, it would change day to day. This upset both us and I let the nurse know that wouldn't work for me. She said she'd work on it, but the next day the appointments were still at different times in the afternoons. I'm going to loose money (not working, not getting payed) over this and Joe is upset because he wants to take me to my appointments, but with the crazy scheduling, there will be times he won't be able. Today is one of those days. He said he would look at his work schedule, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I like him to drive me for many reasons. The most important is because I love him and want him near. Plus, I am not comfortable driving at night. It still gets dark early here in the south. Also, it's an hour away from work and 1/2 hour from home. And this is on a major highway. Call it chemo fog, but I haven't been making the best decisions lately and having to do that on a major highway going 60mph in the dark just seems dangerous.

Just out of the blue I just had a member offer to give me rides to appointments. That's sweet, but I don't want to put anyone out.. Plus, Joe REALLY wants to be the one driving me.

My hair is coming back in. It's a gray soft fuzzy mess. Look!!!! That's about 3 weeks of growth.
I still have to wear hats, but hopefully soon I won't. Everyone keeps telling me that I should keep my hair short when it grows back. That makes me want to grow it long and get dreadlocks put in. It's my damn hair!

Okay, I 'm done griping.


Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut