What a day!

Yesterday was my doctor's appointment and chemo treatment. It took 3 tries to get blood. Ouch!

Then the doctor's appointment went okay, but I am still on limited physical duties. I'm healing slower than expected. The CT scan showed a lymph node swollen, but the doctor said it could just be stress from the two surgeries nearby. I'll have to have another scan in a month to check on it. Everything else looked okay. YEAH!

After I headed back upstairs for the chemo treatment. But there was miscommunication and I sat in the waiting area for 1 1/2 hours until the nurse finally called me in. No one told her I was waiting.

I had an allergic reaction to one of the anti-nausea medications, I think because I wasn't given steroids prior to the appointment. Last time I was given steroids for the night before and the morning of treatment. Once  the nurse stopped the anti nausea medication and gave me steroids, the hive and pain went away. The rest of the chemo treatment went fine. But we were the last to leave so it was dark out, it was rush hour in Wilmington, NC ( where we go for treatment), there was a thunderstorm to had to drive through, and we had to get more medications once we got home. We didn't get home until 8:15pm. We had left the home at 6:30am. Very long day.

Today I am here at work. One of the medications they gave me stays in my system for about 2 days, letting me work today and tomorrow before the "chemo pain" kicks in.

I have two doctors appointments on Monday. One is a radiation consultation in Supply, NC (about 45 minutes away) in the morning, and on with my G.P. for a follow up on my thyroid medication. Rachael said she would to with me to the morning appointment. Although Joe said that if I am not up for driving, he would drive to it. I should be able to handle the afternoon appointment, it's 5 minutes away.

Right now I have retreated to a back office because there is a large luncheon/fund raiser being held here. 200 women. I can't be around crowds for infection reasons. But it's also because that many women are VERY loud and high pitched. I can't hear  the phone ring and even when I can, I can't hear the person speaking to me on the phone. So here I sit. Fortunately I use a laptop here at work and it isn't too much trouble to move me stuff and keep working. My work is caught up, so here I sit. I figured it's a good time to catch up.

Peace to you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut