Getting Ready for Poison Treatments

I go for my first chemo treatment next week. Last Saturday my daughter, Rachael went with me to get my hair super short. I've been reading a lot on what to expect and how to get ready. Everyone at work loves my new hairstyle, but I don't. My ears and my neck are cold, however I know it will get worse.
 Above picture is me the first day back to work after surgery.
 Taken half way through the hair cut....HHHHAAAAA
And after the deed was done. And my tears dried.

We are also getting meals pre-made and frozen and we hope to buy a recliner chair so I won't be stuck in bed when I am recovering.

I've also been watching YouTube videos of women who are going through or have gone through chemo/radiation treatments. Some depressing, some inspiring. Average them out and I figure that's what to expect.

The cancer center I am going to gave me a pink tote bag (part of the pink ribbon project) filled with goodies. I won't use some of the items, but I will bring the pillow, blanket and journal.

I am also bringing some organic lollipops, organic lip balm, healthy snacks, a tablet with movies, water and most important of all...Joe! He has been so good to me and he stands with me 100%!!!

I have also ordered some chemo beanies. One of them arrived in the mail here at work today. That's amazing because I only ordered it on two days ago! The company is English Traditions (found them on Ebay but they also have a store on Etsy,) and I am so happy to have it to add to my arsenal. I went with the grey beanie, and actually they call it a sleep cap. The others I ordered from another company, are fancier and won't be in for a few weeks.

I still don't have a wig sorted out. There is a lady here locally that owns a wig and salon shop. She is a cancer survivor and runs a wig program for cancer patients. I have attempted to contact her twice now and she hasn't responded. I don't want to be a nag, but for work I need a wig. I just can't be a bald headed receptionist. I'm going to reach out to her one for time, then move on. I don't have time to play around.

I've been crunching the numbers, and to make it out of this health crisis without financially devastating us, we need about $40,000. And that's with health insurance. I can't imagine how bad it is for those without any insurance. Not sure where the money will come from.

I am coming to terms with my situation. I know I have been grieving since I found out that the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes. I have the ct scan in two weeks to see if it has spread beyond the nodes.

I better sign off for now.

Peace to you for reading this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut