Riding out the hurricane

Two weeks after my surgery I am now riding out hurricane Florence at Joe's work.

We are under a mandatory evacuation order so our home is on it's own.

We are set up in an empty room.  It's the  like indoor camping.  The power went out this morning and the generator kicked on. But this afternoon it stopped working. Joe came in to check on me and get a dry shirt. He is trying to figure out what is going on with the generator. 

Meanwhile the residents here (including my mom) are enjoying an ice cream social.  I bowed out of that. 

My surgery went well. They took my ovaries, tubes, cervix, uterus and some lymph nodes to test for cancer. The doctor said the cancer had spread to my cervix. I was supposed to go for a follow up appointment this week but it was postponed until after the hurricane has passed. 

I am having trouble with soreness and low energy.  I sleep a lot.  I was also supposed to go back to work this week but again the hurricane closed my work.  In a way I am glad. I am not physically able to sit the 9 hours at work. 

Yesterday I did pick Rachael (my daughter) up and she helped me get a few things we had forgotten from home.  But had to leave when the police started knocking on doors telling people to evacuate immediately.  Rachael is staying at her work too.

The wind has been incredible and I keep hearing stuff landing on the roof. Fortunately this building is rated to withstand 150 mile winds so I feel safe here.

I'm typing this post using my phone so I better finish up.

Peace to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut