Interesting Phone Call at Work

As a receptionist, I take all sorts of telephone calls.

But this one was interesting to me personally.

It was from the MasterChef show on the Fox network! They will be having a open casting in Charleston, SC in early September of this year (2018) and wanted to know if our club would be able to assist in getting the word out.

I told the nice lady how much I enjoyed the show and she told me I should enter. If I weren't going through this current health crisis (the cancer!), I would be very tempted. But I will still be recovering from  my second surgery and won't be able. I didn't tell her that though. I just said that I was a very picky eater and wouldn't put half the food they make in my mouth. I don't know which excuse is more TMI !! 

But it was cool to speak with the lady and I did forward her call to our marketing person.

But oh, wouldn't it be so cool to meet Gordon Ramsay, Joe Bastianich, Christina Tosi or Aaron Sanchez?! I'd be like, "Hey, cut up a chicken for me!"


Well, without even knowing, those busy chefs just brightened this cancer patient's day. Thank you!

Peace to you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut