Back to Work

It's Friday and I have been back to work since Tuesday. It's been a long week and I am worn out. I haven't been sleeping very well. Wednesday night I slept only 3 hours which meant that Thursday I was worse pain from lack of sleep. Last night was better, I slept 5 hours.

After the surgery I was prescribed oxycodone for the pain and I took it the first few days. But I didn't like how it affected my mental abilities. It did ease the pain some. I wish there was an herbal plant that could take away pain, anxiety and help me relax enough to sleep, but not put me in a stupor. Perhaps a plant that is legal and easy for cancer patients to obtain and freely use. Oh, if only we lived in a country that recognized the necessity for such a natural herb and didn't bother people who grew it, sold it and used it. Oh, I long for the day when my pain can be eased with such a beautiful plant.

I am still taking my CBD gummies made from hemp and it does help some. But not like the magical fictitious plant of my dreams. While I was recovering, I watched a show called Bong Appetit. A real eye opener as to the different ways that little herb can be used. If only we lived in a state that allowed cancer patients to get this proven medical help. But alas, I don't so I can't. No relief, just pain.

It's odd, I have been in so  much pain for so long that I got used to it. Now that I know why I'm in pain, I want to get rid of it.

I haven't been sad or even scared since my diagnose. I'm glad. Really. It explains so many odd things going on with me. It reminds me of the tombstone that reads, "See, I told you I was sick."

Sitting here at work has been one of the hardest parts of coming back. 9 hours is rough when you are healthy. But doing it with 4 incisions is incredibly difficult.

Okay, I'm tired so I will stop. Sometimes the pain comes in waves, making me nauseous. If only there was an herb that could help.

Oh, look, I'm posting this at 4:20pm. Now where have I heard that mentioned?

Peace to you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut