Better Day

My previous post was such a downer! I held off publishing it until the next week to give me time to think and reflect. The only reason I decided to publish it was to show how rough going through the uncertainty of this situation can be.

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and got some needed answers. I still can't go into much detail yet, but the surgery will be about 3 hours long and may only be same day. We went ahead and reserved a hotel room for the night before my surgery and for 2 nights after, since we live an hour away from the hospital.

Sunday Joe and I took Mom out to lupper (lunch and supper) at her favorite seafood restaurant (Captain Nance) in Calabash, NC. It's only about 10 minutes away from us. I know I have no business eating out, but she has been whiny and seafood seems to be only thing that makes her happy. Plus, I hadn't had a chance to spend time with her because of the busyness of the July 4th holiday. So we ate seafood then drove around to let her see the marsh and beach all around the area. It's beautiful and helped my mood as well. I even took a short video of us driving around. But when I was trimming the video, I accidentally deleted the part I wanted to save. Sigh...I did it on my phone and there is no way of getting it back. That is a bummer because it was so cute! Mom was wearing a blue and white blouse, white pants and a white beret. She looked like a Greek beatnik! Oh well.


But I'll see her again on Saturday. That will be the last time I will get a chance to see her before the surgery. Joe and I got a used tablet so I can have it to keep in touch with the world while I am recovering. I will be able to post updates... I'll just play games on it. Depends on how good the drugs are.

I am coming to terms with this whole situation. Joe and I had a wonderful long talk and I was reminded again why I love and cherish my husband!

I guess I need to do the same with the rest of my family. Talk to them. Let them know I love them and that no matter what happens, I will always love them. So look out family...you are about to get a tearful phone call. Peace is always what I wish for everyone. Peace in their lives and in their hearts and minds.

For those who have never met me, my hope is what one day we will all meet, in peace! And don't me started on love!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut