The Problem with Getting Your Hopes Up

We looked at a property yesterday and immediately fell in "like" with it. There were so many positives about the place and so few negatives that we decided to put in an offer. I was already imaging our life in this house and loved how close it was to both Joe's work, my adult child's place and where my mom lives. It had enough land to do some real gardening, but the house wasn't too big. It was JUST RIGHT!

But our pre-approval letter had expired and our new pre-approval is now $5,000 dollars less. I don't know why. We pay our bills on time and we have been jumping through ALL of the hoops that the mortgage company demanded. I'll deal with all that later.

Right now I'm about in tears over the frustration I am experiencing. We have wanted to buy a piece of property for years, but kept putting it off. Now the market is so limited I don't see how we can get any property worth living in.

It feels like our dreams are so out of reach. So what do we do? Seriously, what do we do? I don't have an answer.

Update: It turned out that the loan program we qualified for was about to expire. We are now under a different loan program with a larger amount, so we are continuing to look. We saw one house on Monday that was nice, but the graffiti on the barn was a huge red flag.  Large male members were spray painted all over it. I did a little investigating and found out that area, even though it is rural, has a high crime rate. Plus it is only about 4 miles from the county detention center. So, yeah, we keep looking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut