May 1st Post

May has started. Obviously... but I am disappointed at my lack of progress in the areas of my life I want to change. My weight is the same and things are just not moving as I had hoped. On a positive note, I have been making our own meals, with Joe helping me. And the CBD products I have been using has helped with my knee pain. But I still haven't recorded me making my shampoo, and I've really wanted to do that.

That big project has halted. I might as well tell you what the project is. We are trying to find and purchase a piece of property large enough (between 1-10 acres) to raise small livestock, to have a raised bed garden, to live as much outside as possible. When we are inside too much we turn lethargic and dulled by life's seriousness. I even want to cook as much outside as I can. That's part of why we love camping. As much as we love it, no amount of camping will change the fact that when we get home, it's the same small, cramped single-wide trailer we rent. Living in North Myrtle Beach a person has two options: expensive housing or "cheap" housing. There is no middle ground. So most of the "working poor" and a lot of the "middle-class" live in trailers or mobile homes. I have heard rumors that the owner of our trailer park is very sickly and when he passes that his family will sell the park to the company that owns several expensive neighborhoods in the area. If that holds true, then housing will get even more difficult for us and others like us.

So we have been looking at property, but have run into another problem. Vacationers from up north are buying up the reasonably priced properties as second/third homes. That means these people are making it more and more impossible for us with modest means to afford ANY housing. If this trend continues, then all of the hospitality/retail workers will have to go elsewhere to live. That okay, we can be replaced with computers and robots.

It's frustrating. We know how we want to live and where we want to live, but the two are out of our budget. If something doesn't happen soon, I'm not sure where we will end up.

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut