CBD-What I've experienced so far

I have been taking supplements containing CBD or Cannabidiols for the last 4 months and I thought I would do a brief summery.

First off, CBD made from hemp is legal in all 50 states. It is extracted from the hemp flower and is known to help with all sorts of human conditions. I started taking it for the arthritis in my knees. I have found that has helped with other aspects of my life. The form I started taking it was a liquid that I put under my tongue.
I have taken it in several doses as I worked to discover what my body needs. There is no exact amount to take as each person's body has different needs for CBD. Our bodies have CBD receptors and we even make our own form. But many factors in our walk through life cause our bodies to need extra. Age, weight, disease all come into play.
 there are also many ways to get CBD into our systems. I have tried the oil, the cream (worked wonders on my knees,) the joint that is made from the hemp flowers and edible gummies.

 This Gummy CBD is my favorite for all body benefits. I have even bought them for my mom and mother-in-law. My mom is so happy with the effects she has enjoyed. For her, I cut up the gummy rings into 4 pieces and she takes one 3times a day. Her doctor is so pleased that Mom has started taking them. Mom's chronic pain and anxiety  has been helped tremendously.
I tried this lower dose. But for me, I find better relieve using the 450mg gummies. I cut mine in half.
The only problem I have with the gummy edibles that it does have sugar in it. I want to make my own edibles using CBD, but so far it is in the planning stage. Joe and I are both still learning about this.
For fast relief, I will use the hemp flower joints. This one I bought early on during this journey and I haven't seen it since. We have bought other brands and they work also. When Joe is worn out from a hard day, he will smoke this with me. It only takes a few "hits" off of it, then we put it out and save it. Within 10 minutes we start feeling better. These "joints" can get expensive.

We bought one that is so expensive that we are saving it for a really bad day. Fortunately, we haven't needed it yet. It's one of those things where you want to try it, but you also don't want to go through a bad day to justify it.

Finally, yesterday a co-worker ask me about some CBD oil that a relative gave to him. I did some research on it and, with the co-worker's permission, I tried it. It worked very well and I told him that he had a quality product. My only problem with it was the taste. CBD used in this way is in crystalline form with a carrier. The liquids I mentioned above used plant based glycerin. His product used olive oil. Now if you like the taste of straight olive oil, then no worries. I am not found of it. But, I think if this product were to be put in a meal, it would be fine. Examples: tossed in cooked pasta, or on a salad, or perhaps dropped on garlic toast.

I will say that this product has the better labeling I have seen. Although there doesn't seem to be an ingredient list other than the CBD content. So to be fair, I don't actually know if it has olive oil, because it does have a 'green' after taste. Here is the link the this CBD oral supplement. The product is below:

Oh, and look out for cheap, poorly made products, or products that have chemicals that are not healthy. I even saw one that had MSG in it. NOT cool!!

Take care and remember that at the end of the day, only you can prevent forest fires! AKA-you are in charge of your health. Do what you need to do to get the most out of what you put into your body!

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut