Camping Update-Getting Ready!! So Excited!!!!


We are in full swing preparing for our next camping trip. We leave in a few days.

Our living room is overrun with all of our supplies and this evening Joe is going to fix the portable headboard. I'll be packing our clothes and toiletries. Our bedding is all ready to go as we washed them after our last trip and they are in a large ziplock bag.

We will be camping for 4 days, so we will be bringing the tent for sleeping and a shelter for preparing meals. We'll use both a campfire and a Coleman stove to cook. We also have a Coleman oven for baking. 

Our tent flooring is still being discussed. Last weekend we bought two large quilted moving blankets at a thrift shop that I think might work, but I don't know how many times they can be washed before they fall apart. 

For my part, I’ve made the menus for the trip, sorted and organized the kitchen equipment/supplies, made lists for each meal and made a shopping list based on both the list and items that Joe noted we needed. We’ll do our final shopping and packing tomorrow. Fortunately, our shopping list isn’t too long.

I’m also getting my recipes together. I don’t want to take my whole library of cookbooks, so I have to decide which one will serve me best. I also have my big binders of recipes I have collected over the years. Back in January I organized all of the loose recipes I've printed and put them in two big binders.

The weather is supposed to be mild with the highs in the 60's and the lows in the 50's. No rain until the day we pack up to go home. But that's still a way off so I'm hoping that rain holds off until we back home. 

Our big project has moved to the back burner as we are focusing on this trip. That is on purpose. We are still working on it, but not letting it consume us for a bit. It was stressing us out and as important as it is, it's not worth killing ourselves over. Relax, it's almost that time of year so...really...relax.

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut