Mid-March Goal Check



 So it’s mid-month and time to check on my goals for March. It will be rough going and I am not looking forward to how brutally honest I must be.
-Drink at least a gallon of filtered water a dayStill struggling with this one. I don’t understand why. I used to drink almost 2 gallons a day, but now I don’t.
-Get at least 6 hours of sleep each nightI might as well take this off of the list. Except I know just how important getting enough sleep is. Take last night, we didn’t get to sleep until 12:30am, I woke up at 4:30am for a restroom break ( I had to pee!) and then just a I was starting to doze off, the alarm clock went off. It was 5:30am. So about 4 ½ hours of sleep.
-Make own shampoo-  Okay, this is becoming a joke. What am I using for shampoo? Right now just Dr. Bronner liquid soap mixed with water and an apple cider vinegar rinse. It does okay, but it can be drying.
-Walking 15 minutes at least twice a week. – I’m doing better with this one.
-Make own sweets/stop buying store-made desserts-  I haven’t baked a thing since Christmas. My plan was to make any sweets we might want at the beginning of each week so I don’t get tempted, but my Mondays are currently being taken up with taking care of my mom, shopping for the week’s fruit/veggies and spending time with two of my children who live here. They don’t have a vehicle so I am a free uber/taxi service.
-Exploring different grains, sweeteners, oils, etc. – Sigh…
-Document meal plans for each week. I was doing this, but with the big project, my mind is mush for anything else. We have been eating a lot of sandwiches, salads, soups and casseroles.
-Edit and post video I have several raw videos, but I haven’t edited or posted them yet.
-Continue to organize kitchen  Working on this one.
-Continue to weighing myself once a week- Doing it. Not happy with the progress
-Of course no eating out Due to the big project, we have cheated a couple of times, once to a place that has bread in the name and once to a place that has a girl in braids. Both times it has caused bad digestive problems. For both of us. I have noticed that the inflammation in the knees has increased. It feels like I’m backsliding in so many areas because of this big project. I hope it is worth it.
-

New March goals:

-Plan our vegetable gardening for this year- Depending on a few variables, we do all container gardening, or we may start our first raised bed garden..or both! --- I am going to start my herbs in containers, that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Herbs to be grown: rosemary, thyme, dill, sage, peppermint, cilantro, basil, oregano and maybe chive.
-Figure out how to take Mom to “to lunch” without going to a restaurant- With the weather getting warmer, I'm thinking about taking her on a picnic.—Well the weather turned cold again, so last Sunday afternoon I took her to a local seafood place and she enjoyed fried shrimp. I enjoyed the view of the marsh.
-Start lifting weights- I have  5 pound weights that will help strengthen me. I figure 2 reps of 10 twice a week to start. Yeah, I've done this in the distant past.—Those weights are sitting right next to my favorite chair, a bit dusty…
-Make sprouts every week- I did some sprouting in January, but didn't do any in February. So I'll plan our meals to include a sprouted...something each week. I've got plenty to choose. Broccoli, salad mix, buckwheat groats, mung beans, and many more. I'll, at least, get pictures of each sprouting. But I want to do a video as well. – Thank goodness for sprouts! They go with so many types of meals! Salads, soups, on sandwiches, and this evening I’m going to start sprouting my buckwheat for Sunday brunch this weekend.
-Lose 10 pounds- This is the first time I have included weight loss for a goal. I have already lost 10 pounds since the being of the year. But now it's time to step it up. – So ever since I made this a goal, I have been regaining the weight I lost. I am noticing that if I just live a simple lifestyle, I naturally lose weight. But when I stress over calories…Like right now. I am enjoying a sweet organic naval orange. But in the back of my head I know that my boss has chocolate candy in a candy dish in her office and she is at a department-head meeting. Temptation is everywhere!

So, I’d give myself a D+ for this month so far. This big project is so important and when it is complete it will open up a whole new world for us. The stress of it is affecting my health and Joe’s as well. GHU!

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut