February Goals in Review



February just flew by. Here were my goals for February. 

-Do a juice cleanse for 3 days to restart system – decided against this for now. Making smoothies for lunch each day instead
-Drink at least a gallon of filtered water a day – doing better at this
-Get at least 6 hours of sleep each night – still a challenge
-Make own shampoo-  Still haven’t done this! I keep putting this off.
-Walking 15 minutes at least twice a week. – I’ve been doing this, but not regularly.
-Make own sweets/stop buying store-made desserts-  Other than making smoothies and then my cheesecake birthday cake, I haven’t been  making sweets.
-Exploring different grains, sweeteners, oils, etc. – I’ve been reading about them. Confusing. Soaking grains/flour, using heritage grains, then there’s the whole honey vs agave vs dates vs raw sugar thing. And oils! I’ve decided the oils I will use is virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and butter, all organic. But more on that later.
-Finish reading the book, "Nourishing Traditions," by Sally Fallon Morell – I’ve finished the reading part, now looking at what recipes I want to try.
-Document meal plans for each week. I’ve been doing this and it helps. The trouble I am running into is if I “feel” like making what I have planned. Like last night. I planned and was looking forward to making potato soup. I even had some rolls I was going to hallow out and put the soup into. But by the time I ran errands and got home, time got away from me, so we just had a turkey sandwich on sprouted pita bread with a tomato.
-Edit and post video I did this, but took it down because of some sort of copy right thing. I had music playing in the background and didn’t bother to edit it out. I’ll try again this month.
-Organize kitchen  I got part of the kitchen done, but still need to work on this one.
-Start weighing myself once a week  I’ve been doing this and have been recording it on a separate page dedicated to weighing in. I will publish the page when I get some more weight off.

So that was February. Thinking on March, I really need to step up and recommit to this year of homemade and beyond. I get frustrated because of, well, many aspects of my life. But that’s not an excuse. This is something I know in my soul is what I must do to survive.

There are just SO many temptations and people either don’t know or don’t care that their behavior causes harm to other people. Just two examples:

Example: my boss keeps chocolate in her office, usually in a small bowl. If a piece is taken she notices. But this week she put out a basket of chocolate and that means I see co-workers constantly eating chocolate. Even with my filling smoothies and fresh fruit I bring, the call of chocolate is constantly in the back of my mind. The CBD oil was helping with that, but I changed brands and I don’t think this one has as much CBD in it. But more on that in another post.

Example two:  Mom keeps wanting to go out to lunch on the days I spend with her. I don’t have room in my home to bring her and make a meal. Our living room is our workshop, our kitchen is storage. We are working on changing our living arrangement, but for now, Mom isn’t comfortable visiting.
I can make excuse after excuse for not doing what I want/need to do, but it serves no purpose except to make me feel better about my ‘sins.’ And that really doesn’t work. I need to be bold.
I want to be  an example to peaceful healthy living, but I look a hypocrite with my hippie bumper stickers and my rotund figure. No one wants to listen to a fat, old-ish hippie who day dreams of a rural back to nature homespun lifestyle. I need to win the lottery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut