Today's Smoothie is Awesome!

Well, today's smoothie WAS awesome! It's gone now.🙂

 Joe helped me make this smoothie last night and we froze it overnight.
 Then this morning I brought it to work and left it on my desk (with the lid on), shaking it every so often to check how it's thawing. Once it was ready, super cold and mostly defrosted, I enjoyed a very healthy meal.
The recipe is adapted from a Tropical Smoothie Cafe treat. I lowered the sugar content by 3/4. Joe did a lot of research on their recipes and we 'think' they add about 2 ounces of the turbinado sugar. That's too much for me.

In addition to cutting back on the sweetener, I added 1 tablespoon of organic hemp hearts. Some recipes call for kale, but my body doesn't process kale in a manor I can tolerate. So, no kale.

Also, earlier in the week I cut up the mango and pineapple, then froze the pieces in a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Off-Island Smoothie Ingredients:

1 ounces organic baby spinach
4 ounces organic mango, frozen
4 ounces organic pineapple, frozen
1 tablespoon organic sugar, optional
1 banana
7.5 ounces of filtered water
1 tablespoon hemp hearts

Combine in blender and puree. I'm not sure if I should have put the hemp hearts in before blending or not. My reasoning is that it makes them easier to digest. Since they aren't heated, their nutrients stay the same.

As always, thank you for reading. Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut