Set Back



I am embarrassed, humiliated. It’s not like family wanted to dine together and we have not space. It was a matter of me being too tired/lazy to fix dinner and Joe just wanting something to eat. I had numerous dinner options at the house. There was no excuse, other than stress. But everyone has stress. That shouldn’t make me sacrifice my health and create a guilty climate where set-backs outweigh achievements. I could have hidden this evening of over indulging, but it wouldn’t undo the fact that I ordered and consumed an unhealthy and promise-breaking pizza. I promised myself I wouldn’t order take out/delivery food.
I’ve had set backs during this process, but not this bad. And ordering gluten free didn’t help.
I am undone. This set-back goes against everything I have been trying to accomplish. I want to give my body the proper nutrition to allow my body to heal, inside and out. I need my body strong and healthy. Joe and I have big projects and they require both of us to be in better health than we are currently.  After eating that pizza, I felt so gross and full that all I wanted to do was hide in a book until I fell asleep and that’s what I did. Joe, being the loving husband he is, made me a smoothie for today. Oh course, he made me my favorite smoothie, so I’m having my green smoothie for lunch. After work I go to our local health food store and pick up our raw milk order. I usually get a gallon of raw milk and ½ gallon cream. Joe makes the best homemade ice cream and it uses very little sugar.

So confession time is done. There are a few phases that I find annoying because they get SO over used, but I’m about to use one of them. “Moving forward,” I will for forgive myself and look at why I did what I did. Lazy, frustrated, worn, stressed, but I can’ blame physical pain. My knees are doing better. The CBD oil is helping, but it won’t if I continue eating inflammation inducing food. I have got to do better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut