Green Smoothie Overload..and a Rainbow



Last week I took a break from smoothies. I have found that as with juicing, I have a tendency to make the same smoothie recipe and my digestive system doesn’t like that. In my head it makes sense to vary the smoothies.  But when I think about the many smoothie recipes, the only one I want is a spinach, pineapple, mango with a scoop of whey powder. The spinach makes me think it’s healthier. Green means good, right? But too much of a green thing isn’t good. So for the rest of this week I’m going to try different smoothie recipes.

Of course, today, Tuesday Feb. 27th, I am enjoying a green smoothie. I’ll update this post all this week for each day.

Update for Wednesday, Feb. 28th, I fell asleep Tuesday evening early, so Joe made to my smoothie for Wednesday. He made me another green smoothie.

 This is my smoothie for Thursday, both pictures.
Update for Thursday, March 1st. I made a strawberry, banana, pineapple, cocoa smoothie with a scoop of whey. Not bad, but Joe made himself one just like it, except he used a mixture of dark chocolate and cocoa and it was even better than mind!

By the way, the whey we have been using is from Garden of Life. It's the organic whey, lightly sweetened. We first got the vanilla flavored, but found the vanilla overpowered all of the other ingredients.

In the meantime, here is a quick video of a double rainbow I took Saturday while we were running errands. It should remind me to include ALL colors of the rainbow for my smoothies!

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut