A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining



This weekend was exciting! My youngest son has moved down to this area over  the weekend with his girlfriend. They drove from Boston, Ma to here in South Carolina all in one day! That's young people for you! 

Guilt warning: We took them, along with my daughter who already lives in the area to dinner Sunday evening. I wish I could have had them all over to our home for a meal But alas, our abode is too small and over-furnished. So we ate at the local Chinese buffet. Next time we get together for a meal, even if we have to set up the camp shelter, we're eating at home. It's more fun to eat at home and the cost difference is incredible. Plus having control of the ingredients served means healthier food. 

Yesterday, a Monday, I took Mom shopping then picked up my son and his girl so they could spend time with each other. Went to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and everyone got a smoothie, then got one to take to Joe at his work. 

So there's my sin. I ate dinner out Sunday and lunch Monday with family. I've been noticing a pattern. Family = eating out. I thought it was just the end of the workday lazy, but the need to break bread with family is far stronger. That must be remedied. The cost on health and finances are way too great! 


It's frustrating not having the space, inside our home, to have family over for a meal. We rent a single-wide trailer right now, but we are hoping to move into a bigger house with some land soon, before it's time to start this year's garden. Ideally, we want a house with at least 3 bedrooms, a big family room, a farm-style kitchen and enough land to have a garden, raise chickens, rabbits and goats. We will see.

Thank you for reading. Peace 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut