Homemade Coleslaw and a Haircut

Last Sunday, before I took Mom out, I made homemade coleslaw for this week. I tend to make too much, so we eat on it for 3 or 4 days. Last night it went with steamed uncured beef hot dogs and tonight it will go with grilled fish.

When I was making the coleslaw, I tried to film it. You'd think I would have dusted off the tripod and digital camera, but no! I thought I would just use my phone...Dropped it twice, once into the coleslaw mix! Good thing the food was intended for our consumption only!
The coleslaw I made:

1/2 head of a big cabbage, organic
3 carrots, organic
1/2 onion, organic
1 cup or so mayonnaise
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons raw sugar, organic
1/2 teaspoon dill weed, organic
1/4 teaspoon parsley, organic
1/2 teaspoon pink salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, organic
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder organic, optional

Wash and pat dry veggies. I don't peel carrots anymore. Too much waste, so I just rub the carrots against each other under water to scrub most of the outer peel off. .
 The cabbage get rinsed and cut into pieces small enough to fit into the food processor for grating. If hand grating, there is no need.
  Grate the cabbage, carrots and onion into a large mixing bowl. If using a food processor, pour processed vegetables in bowl.


  Add dill weed, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in the bowl and mix, mix and mix. This was when my phone fell into the bowl. Yikes!


 Once all is thoroughly combined, pour mixture into storage container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but it's better the next day.


______________________________________________

Yesterday I gave Joe a haircut. I have always cut his hair. Not only does it save money, but it is another way of showing love in a real, intimate way. I love my Joe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Soaked Flour Buttermilk Biscuits

A Moment of Confession-NOT homemade Entertaining